Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Oooh- A Big Oven!

It all went so fast that I have no photos {even though my camera came back just before The Boy's birthday!}.  But I just wanted to pop into blogosphere to say Happy Thanksgiving from the Yellow Hats!  We actually had our big dinner this evening with some friends who needed to get away for a couple of days, and tonight was their free moment.  I cooked a big turkey that I bought last week rather than having to order it two months in advance.  I made sweet potato casserole (with NO marshmallows and I don't have an opinion on that) and I had fresh sweet potatoes I cooked this morning.  Stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans, soft American rolls, apple pie with American ice cream and chocolate pecan pie.  I actually forgot to buy yellow potatoes the other day so I "ran out" to Wal Mart this afternoon in my own car on roads where people {mostly} follow the rules and I parked in a big parking lot and used a buggy whose wheels go just straight rather than rotating all around.  And my cashier was friendly.  Then I came home and cooked the stuffing and sweet potatoes at the same time in the oven.  And I turned the oven light on and just watched them there, side by side, for a while. It was awesome!  Our friends are awesome, too, and we're thankful God has so richly blessed us- from trivial things like a big American oven to our family and everyone & everything in between!

Happy Thanksgiving!

      

6 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving from the Langton's! Welcome back to the U.S. of A and all of it's luxuries! Miss you guys! Hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving! Glad you enjoyed your holiday. I missed dinner due to my bronchitis but they brought a plate home for me. Watching football and cross-stitching! Thankful for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo! Yay for being back in the good ol' U.S. of A.!!! Happy Thanksgiving Yellow Hats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and I bet you did laundry with laundry scoops that came inside the box. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds wonderful...we pulled it off, as always, with a few favors from friends. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! And I love that you say BUGGY! ;)

    ReplyDelete