So here's a picture-less post with the latest Yellow Hat happenings:
- 4 days of washing bedding and linens...one mattress pad will fit in the washer at one time. Everything that has been washed has been bagged or set aside in a wardrobe for the packers. I have a few things to pull for the air shipment which is piling up in the sauna.
- Mr. YH boxed up the desk top computer...this always seems to be a last minute thing, so I'm pleased it's done.
- I pulled most of the original boxes and boxed things up, filling the china cabinet with breakables and stacking the other non-breakables under the windows in the big room.
- Hooray for us! We have everything back people borrowed from us except one video. And yes, I keep a list. In fact, I have a form in my binder where I write these things down so I can start knocking on doors prior to packing or if the borrower has kept an item waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long (like 2 years now).
- I started washing plastic bins...holding off on garbage cans as long as I can.
- Hosted my last dinner yesterday. BUT, Mr. YH's boss told me on Sunday that there will be an awards ceremony for him including the ambassador next week. I will have to prepare food to haul up to the embassy somehow because...
- We ship the van today. It's been cleaned out and detailed for shipping and we'll see it in Little Rock hopefully sooner rather than later.
- Back to my hosting duties- ugh. I mean, I'm whittling the food supply down and now I have this. Amy, I remember and feel your pain even more now that it's my turn! WHY can't EU.COM work a little faster so these aren't last minute?!?!?!?
- Sveta is working this week. Hallelujah! I have to get to the framer's this morning. And she can call in my picture order to Sergey for Baby Girl's portraits. I'm washing the last of my sheets so she can iron them before I pack them. Don't judge. It's the little things that give the illusion of control.
- My kids need new underwear and socks....limping along for a few more weeks!
- Toys are going to mysteriously disappear in this move. And I think they'll be off the docket for Christmas from anyone but us parents because there are way.too.many no matter how much we try to control what comes into the house!
- The kids have been bugging me to pack their backpacks, so we did that yesterday and put them on the balcony with the luggage we'll take on the plane with us.
- I found super nice sheets on Joss and Main last weekend for the girls at a really great price.
That's it for now.